The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Administration of all activities with regard to undergraduate applications student administration, student records and examinations;
- Orientation and registration of students;
- Attending Examination Moderating Meetings, uploading exam marks, identifying finalists, and capturing fixing curriculums and prerequisites;
- Active involvement during graduation ceremonies;
- Advising prospective applicants regarding the selection process;
- Capturing and maintaining data on student records;
- Assisting with school/career/open days;
- Processing correspondence (written and e-mail);
- Performing office administration;
- Handling of enquiries and other aspects of student administration;
- Performing ad hoc tasks within Student Administration as determined by line-manager and Head of Student Administration from time-to-time.
- An appropriate tertiary diploma or equivalent qualification;
- Five years’ administrative experience of which three years should be in a tertiary environment, with exposure in student admin and particularly in Applications and Admissions.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of institutional bodies USAF Matriculation Board, South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), and South African Nursing Council (SANC) requirements;
- Computer literacy with broad knowledge and experience in using PeopleSoft, MS Word, Excel, Gmail and the Internet;
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly organised and a keen commitment to excellence;
- The ability to liaise and communicate effectively on all levels within the organisation and with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to work independently and participate effectively within a team;
- Meticulous and ability to maintain high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Appropriate language and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- PeopleSoft experience in Student Administration (Undergraduate Division).
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 335 705 to R 402 652 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 13 December 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Celisa Anthony, Tel: (012) 356 3057
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.