– Johannesburg, Gauteng
- About us, purpose, experience and qualifications
about usHelpful Effective Ethical Innovative Accountable and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require reasonable accommodation.
purposeProvide efficient and effective administration support to ensure the smooth running of a functional area.
experience and qualifications
- Grade 12.
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
additional requirementsIt is inherent to the role that the incumbent is honest in dealing with cash and financial transactions. As such, it is a per -requisite for candidates to undergo consumer credit record checks to enable the Employer to ascertain whether the candidate’s credit record is acceptable
– Pinelands, Western CapePinelands, Western CapeThis role requires that data is received and includes the calculations of rate reviews and quotations.The successful incumbent will be required to manage an existing portfolio of Key and Non-Key clients in the risk environment and perform a checking function within the team.
- Manage costs / expenses within approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members
- Resolve all customer queries efficiently, and within agreed timelines.
- Provide efficient and effective administration support to ensure accuracy in the functional area.
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Set up and maintain filing systems for the business unit to ensure efficient service is provided
- Maintenance of all administrative processes for the departments operational activities
- Provide timeouts and accurate Management Information.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
KRA’sSpecific Key Result Areas:· Manage a portfolio of Key clients to ensure financial soundness and conformance to service level agreements· Ensure appropriate data is received and that discrepancies are identified and explored· Interpret client requirements and deliver accordingly· Assist in resolving complex and a-typical cases· Calculate accurate and timely rate reviews and quotations by applying sound business principles, technical expertise and sound judgement· Ensure required rates are timorously implemented· Provide a hassle-free service to clients by attending to requests on time, presenting information in a professional manner, being flexible where appropriate and by being proactive in preventing potential problems· Check changes and amendments to policy conditions to ensure they are correct and auctioned· Manage competitor information and ensure that information Old Mutual provides to the market is correct· Conform to Service Level Agreements with relevant stakeholders· Provide quality service to clients/intermediaries
Generic Key Result Areas:
Documentation Processing· Provides an indirect service to customers and intermediaries· Responds to immediate administrative requirements within procedure· Follows standardized processes and provides administrative support in line with normal business functioning· Delivers on daily production standards· Uses standard administrative techniques to coordinate own workPersonal Effectiveness· Accountable for service delivery through own efforts· Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of 1 day to a maximum of 3 months· Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills· Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results· Accepts and lives the company valuesQuality Assurance· Adheres to service and quality standards· Performs quality checks on own work
Job Requirements· Role Requirements· Metric (with Mathematics)· Insurance industry experience· Working knowledge of pricing and rating principles in a group risk environment· In-depth knowledge/experience working within a Group Assurance/Risk environment would be advantageous· Proven numerical ability / mathematical reasoning skills· Knowledge of Underwriting would be advantageous· PC proficiency in MS Office programmed e.g. Word & Excel· Have the ability to plan and priorities effectively· Have sound analytical and problem solving abilities with a focus on attention to detail· Have strong communication and interpersonal skills· Work effectively with internal and external colleagues and clients to accomplish organisational and team goals· Enjoy working in a progressive environment· Tertiary qualification would be advantageous