Department Communication and Marketing
Assistant Officer (post level 13)
Job ID: 2693
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work as a Cashier in the front office and responsible for selling merchandise at KovsieGear.
- Ensure professional customer service and continuous maintenance of the shop.
- Perform general office administrative duties on Pastel and Excel as well as other administrative duties as required in the retail environment.
- Unpack and label new stock and ensure quality control of merchandise on delivery.
- Check stock levels in the shops and store rooms.
- Order relevant stock items with registered vendors within the guidelines of the UFS Financial policy.
- Liaise with suppliers for competitive prices when purchasing stock.
- Responsible for lay out of shop, window displays and neatness of the shop.
- Responsible for physical stock movement between shops and store rooms.
- Arrange marketing events on all UFS campuses according to the Marketing plan.
- Assist with quarterly stock take and count stock on a weekly basis.
- Assist with financial responsibilities at KovsieGear when needed.
- Assist with systematic filing of all financial documentation in the office and write reports.
- Assist with any other duties during institutional marketing events as arranged by the department of Communication and Marketing.
- Grade 12.
- Valid driver’s licence (please attach a copy).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Pastel.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Time-management skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the merchandise environment.
Assumption of duties:As soon as possible.
05 March 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/9161.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
APPLY ONLINEExternal candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click Self-Service, Recruiting and Careers to