The Call Center Representative’s primary responsibility is to schedule new patients for all physicians in accordance with core schedule and on-call schedule; follow protocol pertaining to any daily changes in physician’s schedule; thoroughly and accurately complete patient registration to include, but not limited to collecting/verifying insurance information and eligibility.
- Schedule new patients for all physicians in accordance with core schedule and on-call schedule
- Follow protocol pertaining to any daily changes in physician’s schedule
- Thoroughly and accurately complete patient registration:
- Reason for appointment
- Physician preference
- Workers compensation or motor vehicle related injury
- Insurance card required at time of appointment
- Physician referral insurance requirements
- Collect all required meaningful use information
- Smoking History
- Active medications
- Medication Allergies
- Prepping Accounts
- Print out daily charge tickets in advance of scheduled appointments and preps per policy
- Review 90 day globals
- Add/verify co-pay collection
- Verify PCP and referring physician
- Confirm physician referral requirements
- Review eligibility reports for inactives and AAA’s
- Adhere to scheduling protocol and/or redirect to Physician Secretary for clarification
- Maintain patient log for purposes of tracking daily registration activities
- Verifies insurance coverage to obtain precertification/authorization for all radiology tests, specialty injections, and other services as needed.
- Maintains contact with testing facilities regarding scheduled tests/STAT orders
- Faxes all pre-authorized services to facilities, and makes any changes, as needed.
- Enters benefits and precertification/authorization into EMR system.
- Follows up daily on all pending orders, obtaining office notes if needed for insurance companies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 1 year of Medical office administration experience preferably patient scheduling
- Knowledge of practice management scheduling systems, ie. Centricity
- High school graduation or GED; post graduate degree preferred
- At least one year of work experience in a medical office setting
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and insurance verification
- Ability to demonstrate a mature, dependable, and responsible approach when interacting with patients, physicians, co-workers, and additional outside sources
- Proactive self-starter
- Understands referral requirements of major third-party payers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- High school graduate or GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- One year office work experience
- Computer savvy
- Previous insurance experience is desirable
- Must be able to multi-task
We are looking for a full-time, self-motivated and organized individual to join our dedicated team of health care professionals where patient care comes first.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.