This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Only application sent through the Transnet career website will be considered. No email cv will be
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 12.12.2018. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Group Services
Position Title : Coordinator
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Human Resources
Location : Johannesburg
Reporting To : Consultant
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 6003205
Position Purpose :
To support the alignment and implementation of Transnet’s Learning and Development initiatives so that the framework and
guiding principles are in place to assist with the retention and development of staff and critical skills.
Position outputs :
1. Review, align and implement Transnet Group Talent and Transformation: Learning and Development learning initiatives by
involving all relevant stakeholders so that compliance to Group processes and external Training Authorities is achieved.
2. Evaluate the quality and appropriateness of internal and external interventions with respect to training initiatives with
regard to ROI.
3. Support and co-ordinate all processes associated with establishing the skills capacity requirements of the organisation,
including skills audit, consolidating and analysing information to facilitate the preparation of a comprehensive skills plan,
identifying and prioritising specific interventions, and assessing the effectiveness of the plan to meet developmental and
learning and development objectives against specific measures reflective of cost, time and quality of content.
4. Conduct research on the best practice with respect to learning and development to enhance all learning initiatives across
Transnet. Present qualitative and quantitative information on the status of learning and development and talent management
initiatives in terms of: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the initiatives and environment.
5. Design, Co-ordinate and facilitate training courses according to the skills development plan by: preparing learning material,
identifying suitable external providers, scheduling training events, monitoring attendance, and evaluating feedback on the
course content to understand the quality and appropriateness of interventions.
6. Analyse and prepare reports on all learning and development initiatives to ensure efficient management of training and
development processes. Ensure that all learning and development reports are collated timeously and received by respective
7. Manage vendors and training providers and review the quality and appropriateness of training material presented so that
business needs in respect of training needs are met.
8. Manage all Learning and Development Processes, Standard Operating Procedures, Learning Catalogue and Learning
Management System to ensure that they are current and address the business requirements.
9. Support Group Talent and Transformation: Learning and Development on all initiatives as and when required.
10. Conduct Learning and Development administration as and when required
Qualifications & Experience :
- A relevant three year HR or Human Resources Development Degree is required.
- A minimum of at least three years relevant experience in a similar training and development / human resources
management role is required.Working Conditions/Inherent Requirements of the Job:
- Travel as and when required.
1. Strategic alignment – Understands the link between the organisation strategy and objectives and priorities in own area.
1. Inspiring people – Inspires, motivates and empowers team members to do their best.
2. Managing Talent – Provides clear direction and allocates tasks effectively.
3. Embracing & implementing change – Manages and responds effectively to change.
4. Embracing diversity – Embraces and promotes the unique contribution of different individuals to achieve a common goal.
Business performance & delivery
1. Planning & coordinating – Prioritizes tasks effectively and adjusts where necessary.
2. Driving performance – Focuses on performance enhancement.
3. Decision and solution focused – Makes decisions in a timely manner. Evaluates, reviews and forms objective opinions
when making decisions.
4. Business acumen – Is able to manage costs and identify methods to reduce waste/cost within scope or work
5. Analysing – Effectively gathers and analyses different sources of information
1. Communicating effectively – Interprets information appropriately and is able to convey this understanding in a clear,
2. Collaborating – Build and maintain interpersonal relationships inside and/or outside of the organisation.
3. Service orientated – Responds and takes responsibility for queries and delivers as promised
4. Conflict Management – Manages conflict fairly and efficiently.
Corporate governance& compliance
1. Managing safety – Complies with safety requirements and manages same in area of responsibility.
2. Managing compliance – Complies with legal obligations and regulatory requirements and manages compliance in area of
1. Learning & applying expertise -Dedicated to continuous learning and self-improvement. Shows an openness to undertake
activities to enrich and improve self.
2. Resilience – Manages pressure effectively and copes well with setbacks. Works productively in a high-pressure
3. Emotional intelligence – Is aware of own strengths and development areas and continuously integrate feedback to
4. Vigour & personal drive – Works hard and shows energy and persistence to achieve high quality results.