The Beverage Company – Isando, Gauteng
The Beverage Company
Isando, Gauteng, South Africa
The Beverage Company is a large manufacturing company in the Carbonated Soft Drinks industry. The Group has a national footprint and focuses on quality products for the alternative beverage market.
Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector),Food & Beverages
- To ensure that the balance between great Customer Service and Cost Compression is struck by satisfying Customer Demand in the most efficient and effective manner, with continuous improvement being top of mind.
- Key Accountabilities and Outputs
- Enhanced Customer Service
- Maintain good Customer relations by delivering on promise consistently.
- Feedback on all Customer comments, queries and suggestions within the service level agreement.
- Facilitate necessary Customer Service training and on-boarding of all Drivers.
- Gather and collate competitor information for developing the Competitor strategy.
- Focus groups held to ensure vital information is gathered to develop Competitor insight.
- Route cause analysis of queries and complaints conducted to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure Drivers adhere to offloading standards and maintain customer service levels.
- Ensure Driver and Crew image is maintained in-trade.
- Service excellence process reviews conducted quarterly.
- Accountable for new customer take-on process in-trade including customer induction.
- High Level Day to Day Activity
- Identify and engage Customers with regards to Pallet returns.
- Conduct weekly Driver debriefing and key performance indicator review.
- Maximise vehicle utilisation.
- Optimise delivery sequencing.
- Identify opportunities for Negotiated Delivery Days, to enable master routing.
- Devise optimal daily load plans on Routing and Scheduling Application.
- Maximise usage of Routing and Scheduling application.
- Manage and ensure Driver route adherence to Load Plan.
- Expedite the Load Plan and ensure that Customers and Sales are communicated with when delays occur.
- Explore and quantify opportunities to convert Customers to less expensive delivery modes.
- Overall management of Drivers and Assistants
- Master Data verified and kept accurate.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Maintain open communication channels with Sales, Debtors, Manufacturing and Distribution.
- Engage with Transporter and external transport providers to ensure vehicle availability at the right price
- Management and Leadership
- Ensure that LGBs Vision, Mission, Values and strategic goals are communicated and understood by all Employees and
- Employees are managed in accordance with LGBs Performance Management philosophy.
- Input into Training Needs Analysis to ensure Employee development and to support LGBs sustainability.
- Provide on the job coaching and mentoring to promote continuous improvement.
- Manage Employees in a manner that maintains a healthy Industrial Relations climate.
- Employee punctuality, Time and Attendance managed to meet operational requirements and within budget confines.
- Ensure that all Employees are conversant/compliant with relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and adhere to the safety compliance program (audit) for fleet.
- Maintain and evaluate fleet data to ensure high quality management reporting to drive efficiencies.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic Vendor relationships.
- Schedule and communicate Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Financial Management
- Manages budget and participates in financial forecasts.
- Manages spend against the ruling fleet budget.
- Authorises expenditure and ensures adherence to LGBs Procurement and authorisation procedure.
- Continuously seeks financial optimisation opportunities and demonstrates an Entrepreneurial outlook.
- Monthly financial performance analysed, necessary plans put in place to correct if required with detailed commentary
- Health and Safety
- Ensure adherence to site safety standards and critical member of Safety, Health and Environmental Committee in line with the
- Ensure the safe operation of vehicles in accordance with the Road Traffic Act within and outside of the Distribution Centre.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation and support a safe environment for LGBs Employees, Contractors and Visitors.
- Key Qualities
- Strong Planning ability.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Good self-management principles.
- Strong orientation to results achievement.
- Ability to adapt to and implement change effectively.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate initiative and is a self-starter.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Good decision-making ability.
- Excellent numerical and analytical ability.
- Qualifications and Experience
- 3 year Tertiary Qualification.
- 2-3 Years Distribution Planning/Management experience
- Good working experience on Microsoft Excel/Office.
- Good ERP proficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Routing and Scheduling
- Conversant with the National Road Traffic Act (1996)
Job Closing Date