A multi-faceted F&B Operation situated on a well-known Wine Estate near Stellenbosch and offering several types of venues is seeking a hospitality trained & experienced Events & Function Coordinator with at least 3-years’ working experience.
These venues, which are headed by a well-known South African Head Chef are situated in beautiful surroundings in the Cape Winelands.
Ensure quotes and relevant information sent to clients/ prospective clients is accurate, appropriately detailed and timely. Engage queries and calls from guests and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner, liaising with all appropriate parties and demonstrating service excellence at all times.
- Engage clients in a warm yet professional and courteous manner, responding to telephone and email or direct enquiries timeously.
- Ensure all quotes and information sent to clients/ prospective clients is accurate and appropriately detailed.
- Manage requests and ‘close the deal’ as necessary, ensuring revenue targets are met (and exceeded) as required.
- Report complaints and/ or any incidents to management promptly, helping to find solutions where possible.
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in own, and other departments especially in terms of coordination requirements and client liaison.
- Attend arrival meetings and morning meetings
- Ensure that booking sheets for these special events are updated and sent to relevant operational departments before the function.
- ‘Live and breathe’ the ethos of our client inspiring a passion for – and sharing knowledge of – that environment, their sustainable business practices and all the services and products they have on offer.
- Be familiar with and adhere to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective and positive working relationships with team members and other operational/support areas.
- You must be a team player, able to convey information to colleagues while being mindful of tight operational deadlines.
- Maintain a positive work environment through compliance with quality and operational standards and great teamwork.
- Engaging with the clients on the day of the event to ensure the operational aspect is coherent to what was promised.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3 years’ experience within hospitality or related industry
- Relevant tertiary degree/ diploma (or similar) desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of co-ordinating events and the F&B environment
- Fluent English speaker (additional languages desirable)
- Professional written and verbal skills, friendly and welcoming disposition
- Keen attention to detail with excellent follow-through capabilities
- Time management skills essential
- Competent working knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook and Opera PMS/ Fidelio (or other Hotel Management Systems)
- Able to remain calm and maintain professional outlook, even when under pressure
- Committed team member, willing to cooperate with others
If you have a passion for working in a busy Food & Beverage environment and want to grow with this company, please send us the following information:
- An updated CV showing correct duration dates & reasons for leaving
- Written Reference Letters/ Certificates of Service
- Educational Documents
- A recent profile photo of yourself
We can only consider candidates, who are already residing in the Cape Winelands or in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. Only South African Citizens or those candidates who hold a valid South African Permanent Residence can be considered! No Work Permit applications will be entertained!
Due to the high volume of applications we do handle on a daily basis, we are only able to reply, via e-mail, to those candidates, who have met our clients’ requirements!
We are on the lookout for an Events Coordinator
Key activities include, but are not limited to:
Assisting with client quotes and client invoice.
Event files -completing all paperwork, ordering event stock, arranging staff, selecting equipment etc.
Supplier / product research.
Attend client meetings where required.
Assist with all event functions, including but not limited to:
Briefing & sourcing of suppliers
Obtaining quotes from suppliers
Confirmation of quotes
Supplier briefing & confirmation documents
Assisting with the setup, coordination of events.
Management of event staff – arranging staff / confirm events with them / ensure on time / keep in contact with them
Recon of event files
Ordering stock when required / minimum stock and event specific.
Receiving / checking orders from suppliers
Ensure effective completion of events according to the company standards
Assist with general office duties as assigned by Event Manager.
Ensure that protocol and guidelines are followed and put into place as set out by management
Ensure constant feedback to manger on all elements
Salary Structure :
R 26000/Benefits /Perks