Fixed – Access Operations Engineer – DOH00002O
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations. From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realize a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal! We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our customers. Not bad for a company you thought was just a mobile network provider, right? We’re here to prove we’re no one trick pony and our technology reach goes way further than you imagined. Read on to find out just how far….
With us you will Fixed Access Network Maintenance and Operation position will consist on the configuration and Integration of Vodafone Fixed Network components including ISAMs, GPON, NAF, ONTs, WDM/Optics, and the Fibre network to provide the different solutions for Corporate, residential and Mobile backhaul services over fibre (FTTx).
What kind of tasks will you have?
- Operation Integration & Commissioning of GPON network (ISAM 7302 & 7360, AMS 5520, NA-F 5530, SDC 5529, HDM 5580) to provide Corporate, residential and Mobile backhaul services over fiber (FTTx).
- Providing Level 2 support for GPON (ISAM 7302/7360, AMS 5520) to handle complex incidents and problems. Software upgrade on NEs & AMS whenever required.
- End to end Fixed Access network support (Presales, Requirements / LLD, Development, Pre-Integration testing, End-to-End testing, Deployment, Training, Subscriber Migration, Customer acceptance, Maintenance and Customer support).
- Assist with vendor equipment selection, including OLT, CPE, and other access platforms.
- Represent the Access team in cross team architecture and engineering release planning
- O&M support for Fixed Access platforms to respond, resolve and to provide workarounds for the incidents in real time within agreed customer’s SLAs
- Weekly & Monthly check for the SW & HW capacity status of the Fixed Network, as well to communicate/follow-up with design team the utilisation in regular agreed intervals.
- Ensures projects/products are delivered on time and on budget, also to Assists in the installation and termination of new fibre optic.
- Ensure 100% Stability of the Fixed Network including all components (WDM, ISAMs, OSP, ISP, ..)
- follow-up & create preventive plans to Proactively maintain, monitor and anticipate network performance to avoid issues/outages in the Fixed network
- Integration of the new services/nodes on the DWDM networks, and ensure the operation of all customers & services integrated.
- Daily/weekly & monthly Health check for all fixed network (including all fixed components)
- To identify and create proper methods of preventive maintenance for all fixed Network
- Network review and identification all potential risks in the network, as well the to ensure proper recovery & mitigation plans are in place.
- Full awareness of Vodafone change management process and to follow up the different actions in the network ensuring successfully the implementation of network changes.
- Responsible for Network & service provisioning all kind of services (SOHO, SIP-T, Corporate Internet, E-VPN, IP-VPN, 1G/10G/STM64, etc…) for corporate and Retail customers.
- Good Knowledge of Fiber component tools and tester ex: OTDR, OMD, ONMS, Fastreporter2, AutoCAD, Visio,..
- Experience in OFC field activities ex Splicing and maintenance is mostly required.
- Having Complete Knowledge on Optical Fiber laying and Fiber rectification through OTDR from both ends
- Coordinated with Vendors, sub-vendors, engineers from vendors, supervisors & splicing teams in case of incident
- Develop & Follow-UP processes, procedures, and documentation for the engineering of OSP and ISP solutions for operations.
- Apply design best practices to Vodafone Fibber’s network with an appreciation of GIS data handling.
- Full Network LLD/HLD Updating and Network inventory ( HW & SW).
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecom/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or related fields.
- At least 8 years of proven experience working in a large-scale telecom carrier/vendor and/or enterprise environment in similar profile.
- Minimum 3 Years configuration, operation and integration of fixed access network system, WDM & SDH Optical network.
- Solid understanding of fixed access network – architecture, topology, troubleshooting.
- High communication skills & coordination with external and internal stakeholders.
- Familiar with Fixed network engineering design standards and specifications, relevant products and elements knowledge, and various planning & design tools.
- Minimum project management skills required.
- Solid understanding of DWDM, ROADM, MAN Ethernet, SONET and TDM circuit hierarchy.
- Good knowledge & Understanding of the Optical fibre component (Closures, Manholes, Ducts, Fiber types, Connectors, Splicing, testing Tools (OTDR/PMD/ONMS, Power meter,.. ), and Design tools AutoCAD, GIS, fast reporter).
- Good knowledge of the E2E Fixed network topology, architecture, and protocols such as WDM, Access, ATM, TCP/IP, MPLS, DSL, SDH
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Fixed network, preferred in Nokia/Alcatel-lucent Equipment (ISAM 7302 & 7360, AMS 5520, NA-F 5530, SDC 5529, HDM 5580, ONTs)
- Minimum 4 Years’ Experience in Nokia/ALU equipment’s preferred 1830PSS-4/8/16/32 1830PSS-36/64, TSS320, 1350 OMS, ADM-1678 ,1670SM, 1660SM, 1662SMC, 1650SM-C,1646 , ISA Cards (ES4 & ES16 )
- Expert in Network & service provisioning all kind of services (SOHO, SIP-T, Corporate Internet, E-VPN, IP-VPN, 1G.10G/STM-x /ODUs/ etc…) for corporate and Retail customers.
- Minimum 3years Experience in fibre Optics & good knowledge of Fiber components, Maintenance, OSP and ISP technologies.
- Good experience in UNIX and Sun Solaris is an advantage.
- SRC ALU IP certifications is preferred
- Knowledge & Experience in ALU 9500MPR and Huawei RTN are mostly an advantage
Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our Vodafone Qatar a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date : 13-Mar-19, 3:59:00 PM