Team Lead, Durban
– Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
At Uber, providing world-class customer support is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. Uber’s driver-partners are our most important customers, and we’re creating a best-in-class customer service experience for them. Greenlight locations help new driver-partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community.**
The Greenlight Hub Supervisor is responsible for building and managing a best in class customer service experience for our drivers. Based in Johannesburg, you’ll manage a team of Uber Experts to support existing partner-drivers and educate and excite potential partners about the life-changing flexibility & freedom of the Uber platform.
We’re looking for a Greenlight Operations Supervisor to support the day-to-day operations of local Greenlight Hub locations. We’re looking for an experienced team leader who operates with a customer-first mentality. In this role, you’ll help to mentor and directly lead a team of Uber Experts on how to best build Uber’s relationship with driver-partners, support their operational needs, and guide day-to-day operations of the Greenlight Hub.
What you’ll Do:
- Support the daily operations through operational oversight and analysis.
- Handle escalations of more difficult support interactions.
- Manage scheduling, attendance, and general administration of Uber Experts
- Train, mentor, and guide Uber Experts to strengthen quality and efficiency metrics and provide holistic career guidance.
- Improve processes on behalf of Uber Experts and partners to the GL program through project work.
- You will work together with the city operations teams to make sure your Greenlight Hubs are meeting their market’s needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, partner-driver engagement, and any other local events or needs.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction: Provide best in class service to ensure Uber is the no.1 brand for riders and driver-partners in your coverage area.
- Analyse for Improvement: Collect, analyze, and report on Greenlight performance data.
- Manage a team of support-focused Uber Experts to educate partners and deliver a customer-obsessed experience in your Greenlight Hub.
- Driving performance improvements and overcoming issues through innovative and practical solutions.
- Leading new initiatives with cross regional teams to create scalable processes/structures/frameworks to take the Uber business to the next level.
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a consistent world-class experience.
What you’ll need
- At least two years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated background in solving complex customer problems
- Team leadership experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ownership: You’re a self starter. You’re ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber with minimal oversight
- Analytical Skills: Demonstrated background in solving complex customer problems. Basic Excel and data interpretation skills: Ability to understand & create charts, graphs, and pivot tables
- Perseverance: You stay poised and calm under pressure. You follow through on tasks and view challenges as opportunities.You’re process-driven. You have exceptional organizational skills, and constantly look to keep improving systems
- Strong People Management skills with experience in managing a large team, both locally and remotely.
- Experience in call centre management, service team management, or other customer service experience strongly preferred
- Great communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners.
- Empathy and dispute resolution skills from experience in fast-paced situations
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine desire to achieve the best outcome.
- People – Experience in managing professionals and ability to steer and motivate
- Organized – you have excellent organizational and administrative skills and don’t get overwhelmed easily
- Self-driven – you follow through on all tasks with integrity.
Advantageous if you:
- You have previous customer support team management or call centre experience
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree
- SQL basics