Internal Auditor FNB Africa – IRC185807
at 4 Merchant Place, Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa in FirstRand International
Ends 06 May 2020
FirstRand believes that its people are its single most important resource and will not operate in a sector unless it has people who are right for that market and who share FirstRand’s business values. We recruit self-starters who have a passion for what they do. We empower them, hold them accountable and reward them appropriately. We value diversity in our people, particularly for the way that this contributes to innovative thinking. If you think you will flourish in our environment, and you believe you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you! All suitably qualified candidates will be considered. Appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
Responsible for auditing of the governance, financial, business and operational processes at divisional and business unit level within the FirstRand Group.
experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in internal or external audit preferred. Articles and professional certifications will be advantageous.
- Experience in banking and financial services environment will be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Driver’s license preferred
- An understanding of Anti-money laundering Act would be advantageous
- Any experience in global markets and corporate banking would be advantageous
- An understanding of a Treasury environment would be advantageous
- Obtain a good understanding of the control environment being audited (including information technology, internal financial control and risk management related aspects), and the interdependencies linked to this.
- Plan audit assignments based on key process and business risks identified, and design the audit program in line with risks and key controls to be tested.
- Incorporate data analytics (DA) to enhance audit planning and create efficiencies in audit fieldwork.
- Execute audit field work in compliance with quality standards by following and completing prepared work programs. Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management practices and internal controls.
- Provide clear and sufficient audit evidence to support recommendations and audit opinion.
- Express an opinion based on the results of the work performed.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal controls, including internal financial controls.
- Identify and clearly articulate the root cause of issues identified and impact thereof, and recommend changes to business processes that will address the control weaknesses.
- Prepare a quality and balanced audit report to specified standards, encapsulating the control weaknesses identified and results of audit work performed, with minimal editorial changes.
- Incorporate fundamental principles, key issues and control themes emanating from other functional areas and assurance providers to ensure relevant & appropriate audit findings.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit / Senior Audit Manager / Audit Manager with other operational and reporting activities as required.
- Identify opportunities for innovation in audit as well as client processes, and develop practical solutions to implement innovative practices.
- Effective communication with the audit team, audit management and key stakeholders.
- Is aware of the resources available and is able to utilise them to best effect with guidance from senior audit staff.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry standards, best practices, industry challenges, upcoming legislation, operational requirements and technology changes related to the internal audit environment .
- Participate in internal departmental work and key standing tasks such as Board, Risk and Audit Committee reporting, as requested. Stakeholder Excellence
- Ensure the constant delivery of superb value and a ‘memorable’ customer experience.
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and a wide relationship network across business units and within Internal Audit.
- Respond to client needs and queries professionally and within agreed turn-around times.
- Communicate professionally in all communication forms. Listens actively to others.
- Negotiate with management as appropriate in order to ensure key findings and follow up actions are agreed upon. Maximized Department Resources
- Identify development needs and address these through training and continuous professional development.
- Proactively seek and embrace formal and informal peer coaching opportunities.
- Execute the audit assignment within the agreed budget and timelines.