- Provide medical support and back-up assistance during explosive testing at the
Detonics, Balistics and Explosive Laboratory range (DBel) to ensure and maintain
safety of al parties at the range, in compliance with the Occupational Health and
Safety Act (No. 83 of 1995).
- Manage the medical supplies for the range and ensure that al essential medical
equipment is ready and available and in working order as described in the
Regulations of the Act.
- Organise and plan client and CSIR visits to the range as per requirements and
ensure that al visitors comply with the safety regulations as set out in the
Occupational Health and Safety Act (No. 83 of 1995).
- Provide general office administration functions at the DBel range such as filing,
minute-taking, managing of the contract related to office cleaning, range bookings
and receptionist duties.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual.
- Assertive with regards to health and safety regulations.
- Ability to manage well under stress and act quickly and effectively in emergency
- Communication skil s, mainly fluency in English is essential as he/she will interact
and liaise with clients and staff members on a daily basis.
- Wil ingness to work in a military research environment that serves both local and
international clients and stakeholders.
To apply immediately for this position click here: http://www.unique.co.za/candidate_registration_1.aspx?JobID=23257&referrer=Unique
- Grade 12 certificate.
First Aid Level 3: Theoretical and practical exams certificate.
- AEA certificate.
- Code 1 driver’s licence with PDP.
- Current registration with HPCSA.