Closing Date: 01 March 2019
Duration:Contractual appointment: 12 months with an option to extend the period for a further 12-24 month, up to a maximum of 3 years in total
Stipend: R6 430.70 per month
Mossel Bay Municipality is offering opportunities to unemployed South African graduates from higher education institutions that have completed their (3) three-year degree or national diplomathat are seeking work experience related to the field of study that they completed.
- National Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering
- Grade 12 with Mathematics’ as subject
- Be willing to work with Labour Intensive Construction workers/teams (LIC/EPWP)
- Be willing to work out on-site on Civil construction sites, all weather.
- Do construction monitoring, supervision, data gathering, verification
- Coordination of work priorities, workers and teams
- Must have a valid Code B Driver’s License
- Preference will be given to applicant submitting proof of own transportation (motor vehicle/motorbike) and willingness touse his/her own transport for site visits (Intern will be reimbursed for kilometers travelled for official purposes)
- Fluent in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Have experience with Microsoft Software such as Excel spreadsheets and Word
- Applicants must have met the academic requirements for the advertised field of study / discipline and should not previously been employed as an Intern in the Public Service.
How To Apply
- Shortlisted candidates may be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and/or practical test.
- Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the municipality to, and accepted by, the applicant
- Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Senior Manager Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500. These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant.
- Download Application Forms. Original Certified copies of proof of qualifications should accompany the CV.
- Electronic applications may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status.