We are a 3PL logistical service provider with a national network specialising in complete warehousing and distribution services. We are looking for an effective Warehouse Manager to direct receiving, warehousing, picking & packing and despatch operations at our Wadeville (Gauteng) depot.
The key objectives of this position are to oversee and manage all the key touchpoints. The Warehouse Manager will manage 4 warehouse supervisors and overlooking in excess of 60 employees at a time ensuring that productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly. Over and above warehouse activities the Warehouse Manager will be solely responsible for managing all assets, property maintenance and security.
This is a fast-passed position for an individual with exceptional management skills, ample experience and excellent multi-task skills with the ability to work under pressure.
· Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision including OHASA.
· Continuous improvement of production and productivity standards and logistics supply chain.
· Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintaining operations.
· Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
· Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
· Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
· All aspects of staff management including training, performance management and disciplinary action.
· Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
· Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system.
· Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies.
· Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
· Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees.
· Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
· Processing orders and planning the dispatching of products.
· Monitoring space and tracking stock levels.
· Setting aside storage areas for new stock.
· Matric with a relevant tertiary qualification – Diploma or Certificate in Warehousing / Logistics
· Minimum 5 years’ experience with Distribution / Dispatch / Receiving / Stock Inventory / Stock Control.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ management experience – management of staff, disciplinary action, housekeeping.
· High energy levels and must be prepared to work overtime and long hours when needed.
· Proficient with stock takes, stock integrity and stock control.
· IT proficiency with experience in Warehouse Management Systems essential