takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Catalogue Assistant to join our Merchant Product team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative and hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related Total Remuneration Package, which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position of Catalogue Assistant reports to the Catalogue Team Leader
Your specific responsibilities will include:
You will have overall responsibility for the management of a listings team and data quality in the product categories that fall within your team across both our Retail & Marketplace business.
- Uploading product and merchant data by using various systems (Dashboard or spreadsheets)
- Quality checking of new catalogue listings and editing of existing catalogue listings across both Retail and Marketplace listings
- Reviewing data for gaps or errors and resolving or escalating issues to Team Lead
- Ensuring the correct implementation of the Catalogue Product Information Requirements
- Managing individual workloads and adhering to a pre-determined turnaround time
- Fast learner and able to adjust to change
- Attention to detail in a high-pressure environment
- Highly organised and efficient
- Strong excel skills (including VLOOKUP’s)
- Solutions-oriented, self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent team player
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 years administrative / operational experience
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above criteria and are an Extraordinary Mind, come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.