KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 1:Branding of tyres
- Physical branding (numbers) on tyres
- Knowledge of tools
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 2:Fitting of tyres
- Removal of tyre from rim and re-fitment of new tyre
- Knowledge of tools related to job specifications
- Completion of correct documentation:
~ Tyre change slips
- Safety actions to be adhered to:
~ when coach is been jacked up, trestles must be used
~ safety clothes must be worn at all times
~ wheels must be pumped inside the safety cage
~ correct usage of fitment tools
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 3:General Duties
- Maintain neatness of immediate area
- Maintenance of all tools and equipment in immediate area
- Any reasonable task given by Supervisors/Working Charge Hand from time to time
- Adhere to basic conditions as stipulated in the Health & Safety Act
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 4:Tyre surveys
- Conduct tyre spot checks daily on coaches.
- Conduct daily pressure checks and load on all relevant systems.
- Inspect and address thread depths according to company policy and procedures.
- Inspect and address valve extensions and valve caps according to company policy and procedures.
- Inspect and address wheel nuts and indicators on a daily basis.
- Conduct tyre rotations on services of coaches and detail logged on system.
- Inspect rims for cracks and damages on a daily basis and take the relevant course of action.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 5:Effective utilisation of all systems used in Intercape
- Capture accurate tyre survey and thorough loading of records on the Intasect/Navigator system.
- Tyre stock changes as well as any tyre related information must be captured on a daily basis on both the Intasect/Navigator and Move systems.
- Responsible to ensure that you have received training on both the Intasect/Navigator and Move systems or have provided training to direct reports.
- Responsible for effective utilisation, accurate capturing, and thorough record keeping on all systems relevant to perform daily tasks within department.
JOB RELATED REQUIREMENTS
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customer’s expectations through proactive and appropriate solutions
- Must assist in general administration duties
- Enjoy working independently as well as be part of a team
- Assist fellow colleagues in the daily running of company related tasks
- Be focused on providing work of an extremely high quality
- Very good organizational skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Grade 10
- 2 Years’ Experience in Tyre fitting
- Code 8 license
Job Type: Permanent
- High School (matric) (Preferred)
- Pretoria West, Gauteng (Preferred)