We are looking for an effective Warehouse Manager to direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products. The goal is to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly. Most of your work is computer-based, but can still, in some cases be done in books or on cards. Your work would be mainly office-based, with some time spent visiting the warehouse floor.
- Matric / Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years Warehouse Management experience.
- General computer literate to at least intermediate level (Windows, MS Word and Excel)
- Supervision, Developing Budgets, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Equipment Maintenance, Judgment
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Coach and motivate assistant warehouse colleagues
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Planning deliveries and dispatch of goods
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results, appraise results
- Maintains warehouse staff by orienting, and training employees.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
We offer a basic salary, Pension, & lifestyle benefits
If you meet the criteria to be part of a dynamic company, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Contract
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- drivers (Preferred)