The Warehouse Packer will be responsible for physically selecting inventory to ensure accurate delivery of warehouse products. The incumbent will pack orders and prepare them for dispatch and/or delivery while ensuring orders are accurate and records of inventory are kept up to date for a smooth flow in warehouse operations. Other aspects of this role include the ability to plan and monitor product storage and dispatch, meticulous stock management and order tracking in face paced busy environment.
Ideal candidates should be detail-oriented problem solvers, with the ability to think quantitatively, notice defects and errors quickly, acts swiftly and decisively when problems arise.
This role requires responsibility for setup and break down of campaign sets, which will include overtime and weekend shift work on an ad-hoc basis.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Matric Certificate or NQF equivalent.
• Valid Forklift Operator license, with experience.
• Demonstrated ability to use product scanners, camera and recording systems.
• At least 3- 5 years of experience as a Warehouse Packer with stock management experience.
THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English (to read labels, picking slip, scanners, signage, complete paperwork and follow verbal instructions)
• Basic mathematical ability (demonstrated ability to measure, weigh and count)
• Familiarity with courier documentation and labeling
• Demonstrated ability to manage data within the warehouse and confidently report on issues, with solutions to improve
• Computer proficiency, including understanding of Microsoft Office programs
• Understanding of OSHA laws and regulations
• Ability to operate various types of material handling equipment
• Ability/willingness to learn to operate a variety of tools to perform the work
• Ability to work in a chilled area (cold room)
• Being able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy objects
Interested in applying for this vacancy?
Send an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title of the vacancy in the subject of the email.